One graduate credit will be awarded through Ashland University upon completion of all graduate credit requirements. Grading for the book study will be either “S” for Satisfactory or “U” for Unsatisfactory.
Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching
Solution Tree Press, 2016
There are four grade level versions: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, HS
K-2 ISBN: 978-1-942496-39-7
3-5 ISBN: 978-1-942496-42-7
6-8 ISBN: 978-1-942496-45-8
HS ISBN: 978-1-942496-48-9
- Students will register directly with Ashland University online.
Information regarding how to register will be provided.
- Deadline for registration with Ashland is Friday, July 10, 2020.
- Cost of $180.00 will be paid at the time of registration.
- Also … be sure to register for the book study with GAMES – Click here!
Attendance and participation are required for all 6 graduate sessions*
July 1 (9:30 AM – 12:00 PM)
July 8 (9:30 AM – 11:30 AM)
July 15 (9:30 AM – 11:30 AM)
July 22 (9:30 AM – 11:30 AM)
July 29 (9:30 AM – 11:30 AM)
Final Session: August 5 (9:30 AM – 11:30 AM) or an earlier date/time agreed upon by participants.
*Note: Makeup will be available for one of the first five sessions for which an absence was excused.
Assignments and Additional Requirements
- Complete the assigned reading, attend, and participate in all six sessions. (*Makeup will be available for one of the first five sessions for which an absence was excused.)
- Choose four of the six content areas presented in Chapters 1 – 6 on which to reflect. For each chapter/content area chosen, submit a written reflection focusing on the ideas and content studied and discussed in that chapter and on your personal vision for how these ideas might impact instruction in your own classroom setting.
- Attend and participate in the additional (sixth) session for grad credit candidates. At that session each participant will be allocated time to present personal take-aways from the book and study.
- Submit all required documents and fees for Ashland University graduate credit by due dates.
Complete Details/Guidelines for graduate credit assignments are detailed below. A copy will also be provided at the first session.
Use the Contact form here!